RECREATION SUBSIDY – EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2002 BRACKLEY COMMUNITY COUNCIL (REVISED – MARCH, 2014)
Council recognizes that financial assistance to residents will encourage their participation in a wide variety of sports. Council further realizes that the appropriation of funds for program subsidization is a worthy endeavor, if it assists in overcoming financial barriers in a particular program.
It is for these reasons that the Brackley Community Council establishes the following guidelines for administering the recreational subsidy program:
- Subsidies will not be paid to residents if said program, or type of program is offered by the Community of Brackley.
- Only residents, as defined by the Municipalities Act and who have permanently resided in the community for the past 10 months, are eligible for program subsidies.
- Only those residents, who are seventeen (17) years of age or younger will be eligible for a subsidy.
- Programs eligible for subsidy are only those sports recognized as Member Organizations of Sport P.E.I.
- Membership fees to such private organizations such as the West Royalty Fitness Centre, Atlantic Fitness Centre, APM Centre, golf courses, etc. are not eligible for subsidies.
- Maximum subsidy will be $150.00 dollars per child per year or 50% of the registration fee, whichever is the lesser of the two, to a maximum of $300.00 per family, for that fiscal year.
- Application for subsidy must be accompanied by an itemized official receipt before it can be processed.
- Application for subsidy must be made during the fiscal year that the program was offered (April 1st-March 31st).
- Brackley Community Council reserves the right to reject any subsidy application.
- All applications for subsidy will be processed at the monthly Council Meetings aspart of regular business.